Monday, June 1, 2015

Week One Done!

Well, I had expected to start off the Hogwarts Summer Academy today, actually.  But the girls were all so excited that we ended up starting last week!  So far they have watched movie 1 and 2 and are working on 3.

I didn't have any supplies for the wands as I didn't expect to start so early, but we did do a few things:


We did fingerprint art and created magical creatures with our thumbprints and ink pads for Care of Magical Creatures class.


Next, for Transfiguration class, we did crystals!  I had bought a kit and it turned out really well!  They had a great time!

I handed them out their Hogwarts Summer Academy notebooks which I made out of 3-ring binders.  I also made a fairy book that has fairy coloring pages I found on the internet as well as "information sheets" for them to tell about their fairies (learning about habitats and using their imaginations without even realizing it!).

Two of the girls have gone to visit their father for 3 weeks, so we will be doing some things with them through skype and some things they will just have to wait to come back to enjoy.

I'm looking forward to it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment